Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Blues

I've never been one to get really excited over Christmas time. When I was a kid, it usually meant we would spend Christmas eve in Oxford, then Christmas day, open presents, pack, and go to Grandma's in KNoxville. Not exactly the trip you want to take when you just opened your damn presents. Sometimes we could just stay in Oxford and that was awesome b/c it didn't include a 7 hour trip that turned into 9 b/c of the bathroom breaks and me getting car sick. So, you see, I don't really care for Christmas time. BUT...WAIT...THERE'S MORE! I had a baby 15 mos. ago, and she is going to need to experience this wonderful thing called Christmas. I have decided to cook a dinner or lunch at our house so little Lake can enjoy all her gifts she gets from "Santa" without having to be packed up and shipped somewhere else, like in her mommy's childhood. I hope that it becomes a tradition, b/c well, I don't want to travel on the holidays. It sucks and traffic is jammed packed with last minute shoppers like myself. So, needless to say, I have Pre-Christmas blues and haven't started my shopping yet. We draw names in my family, so that leaves 3 $10 gifts to get. Which, wait...doesn't Kroger on Broadway sell any damn gift card you need these days? Perfect, I'll get those next time I go! I don't want anyone to get me anything, b/c well, I can't afford a gift for them. My "parents" in Mississippi are getting me a laptop and that makes me smile, but they have everything, so me showing up sometime in the near future with my daughter would be enough present for them. Whew....I feel a little better now. So, that's it. I've just gotta suck it up. It'll be over soon, right? Here's a pic of my dear ole home town...Maybe that's part of my blues too, I'm a homesick Mississippi girl?

No comments: